Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sample cover letter for a fresh graduate.

 Most of the emails we get from fresh graduates in Kenya are on how to craft job application documents be it CV, cover letters, motivation letters etc. Many have told us that they have a problem crafting cover letters.

Well, worry no more! Here is a sample cover letter for a fresh graduate who has undertaken internship during their undergraduate study.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you of my interest for the job of Business Executive as was recently advertised at the Kenyan DAILY POST (or any other source)

I recently obtained my Degree from the University of ……..(your university) with a Second Class Upper Division. As a graduate in Business Administration, I have acquainted myself with a range of skills that would allow me to blend with the organizations culture, and propel the team to new height of success.

Apart from being a proactive learner, I was actively involved in extra-curricular activities inside and outside of campus. I was in the organizing committee that launched one of the biggest careers and education seminar in July 2011, attended by over 3,000 people, and officiated by C.E.O's of leading firms in Kenya.

Additionally, I was the deputy chairman for the Investment Club, as well as the Secretary for the AISEC Club.

My enthusiastic involvement in many activities outside of the academic circle has served me well in nurturing my leadership and communication skills, which are essential to succeed in the working world.

Together with the cover letter, I attach herewith my CV for your full consideration.

I appreciate your time reviewing my application, and it will be a pleasure for me to attend an interview with you at your convenient time.

Yours sincerely,

Fresh-Graduate (Name in full)

Obviously, from the cover letter you can tell that doing internship no matter how insignificant is important for your career.

Again, small things like club membership are important. I hope you have learnt something on cover letter writing and will no longer be in the dark.

JK of CSS

0 comments:

JOBS SPOT | Template by - Jobs Spot - 2012